Sunday, March 30, 2014

Say It 3/30/14

“I don’t know how to pray for myself…no one ever taught me.” -Sandra Bullock in Gravity

We have become highly suspicious of what people say, and particularly when we cannot see how their words are backed by their actions. American Christianity seems to have determined it better in general to preach through actions rather than words. This does feel more comfortable; but, it defies what Jesus told his followers to do. We are to use both words and actions.

We should not waste the wonderful gift of words to communicate the all-important message of Christianity. Use your words, and use them honestly. It is easier if we're honest--if we open up to others about both the positive and the challenge. You can be honest about your church, about your faith journey, etc.

God uses our authentic words like tools to touch the lives of others.

"Upon this rock I will build my community." -Jesus







No comments:

Post a Comment