Thursday, January 26, 2017

Am I My Brother's Keeper? 1/22/17

“I don’t know,” Cain says to God. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

I don't know about that man sleeping on the street. Am I my brother's keeper?

I don't know about that suffering family who recently lost someone. Am I my sister's keeper?

I don't know about that child who is malnourished and uneducated. Am I my brother's keeper?

I don't know about that woman selling herself to make ends meet. Am I my sister's keeper?

I don't know about that Police officer who lives with a target on his back from an angry society. Am I by brother's keeper?

I don't know about that woman threatened by racial injustice or societal paranoia. Am I my sister's keeper?

"I don't know," Cain responded. "Am I my brother's keeper?"


Jesus wants a community of followers who answer: “YES!” In this message I continue focusing in on God’s vision for our relationships human-to-human. 



No comments:

Post a Comment